2.23.2011

Solid Foods

My Gloworm went to the Doctor's yesterday and now she can start eating solid foods.  Yay!  She has been wanting to eat all of the time, so hopefully this will help her with that.  I just can't get up every two hours at night to feed her all the time!  So she had her first bowl of rice cereal this morning.  She was a bit grouchy, but still seemed to enjoy that she was able to eat something with more sustenance than milk.  Now she is all curled up on my chest and half asleep with a nice full tummy.

For the past several weeks she has been staring at my food while I'm eating.  She can also hold her head up, open her mouth voluntarily, bring toys to her mouth, and doesn't have the reflex to stick her tongue out when you put something in her mouth.  So she showed all the signs of being ready to move on to eating solids.

I love to watch her grow up and progress.  Though I love her little, I want her to grow up and be a healthy, smart child and I don't want to hold her back by wishing she were still little.  I will love her no matter what size or age she is, she will always be my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment