7.02.2014

Old to Awesome!

I have had this old patio chair and table set on my porch for years.  We rescued them from the trash, and at the time they didn't look too rough. Several harsh winters later, the paint was faded and rust was showing. 
So today,  with a bit of elbow grease and some Rustoleum, I made my old set look new again!



Before. Faded and rusty, just needing an update.
After using a wire brush, I used Rust-Oleum Rusty Metal Primer and then Gloss Enamel in 'Sunrise Red.'
After using the wire brush for a while on some of the rusty spots.
With one coat of the Rusty Metal Primer. It went on nicely and dried very fast. Coverage was good. I ran out at the end but I did do a nice coat on all three pieces.
Once I put on the red it really made a difference! The red took longer to dry but it has a great shine to it and it looks great next to the red and green on the house. It really stands out!
Spray-paint tan lines... After scrubbing in the shower it's still there! I'm wearing closed shoes to work tomorrow!
Might I recommend you wear gloves not only while using the wire brush but also while spray-painting? This is my kitchen scrubber and the bristles are now permanently red. But for how nice the patio set looks now, the loss of a potato scrubber was worth it.

Please be sure to follow all directions on your pain cans if you decide to take on this project, and follow other safety measures to avoid injury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment